here

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

String Quilt

Hi friends!
This is the first two I did last week.
Third one!
All seven! I usually work on other quilt's during the afternoon and after supper I make some of these.
I just placed them on the bed , no pattern yet but to get it big enough I need to make a few more.
I want it big enough to fall real good. Married to a "Hog the cover's".
I plan on starting on making less and joining more this week.
To do that I will need to lay it out and see how I want it to look.
But the end is in sight!.
This is the back of a shirt my daughter had made for me! Designed by Anna, my granddaughter. It's the names of all my daughter's kids making a butterfly!
I love that! The front has a  sewing machine and it says "sewing mends  the soul"
MY son's family got me this!
It's a ancestry kit, to do my DNA. Plus they brought me this when they came for breakfast Sunday.
I love these! I aways buy me some and plant them .
Have a good day! 93 here yesterday , cloudy today!
Hugs
Babs

6 comments:

Jeanna said...

The string quilt is really coming along. I have one that 'hogs the covers' too!

I love the butterfly, what a special gift.

It rained here all day yesterday. Sunny with passing rain on and off today. Seems like we are already in our summer weather pattern in south Florida. YUK!

Julierose said...

Lovely string blocks...I love petunias too...it's 75 here and soupy--storms tonight...hugs, Julierose

Chatty Crone said...

I LOVE THAT QUILT!
And I love the way the names are on the shirt.
I also want to do my DNA.
Cool Mother's DAy.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the string blocks.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your strings are coming along. Great butterfly...love that. I too have a cover hog here . Let me know how you like that ancestry kit. We have always wanted to do one especially because hubs great grandfather was adopted and the family never passed on any history.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The quilt is a riot of color!! Looks great. The butterfly is an absolutely wonderful idea and so creative. What a great gift.
xx, Carol